garota: Activism gets the goods

random musings of a disparate nomad

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Activism gets the goods

And this is why.

All those damn sleepless nights, researching, coordinating, lobbying, writing, postering, strategising, petitioning, going a bit nuts.. was all worth it. Fuck yeah.

It's been 4 days now, and I'm still feeling overwhelmed by it all.

Just to add:
The work isn't over. This simply means there is a legal imperative to start the legislative amendment process. (Someone correct me if I'm off on terminology.) Not sure how long that will take, which is highly determinant on possible attempts to appeal the decision, and the amendment process in general. NLC, keep it up - the fight isn't over til we can walk up to the ticket counter, ask for a concession ticket, and not get rejected because we "ain't got no concession stamp".


Technorati: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Chest Freezer said...

I'm so proud of the progress that the fight has made, as far as I have known you guys (during NLC), it has always been an issue.

30/3/06 15:58

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey, chest freezer!

You took your blog offline? I didn't realise you know garota too. *waves*

30/3/06 18:53

 
Blogger Chest Freezer said...

*ponders* If I remember correctly.. (seeing as my blog is still online). I'm pretty sure you mixed me up with.. 'lil al' instead? She's the one that took her blog offline. :)

I do post there often though.

31/3/06 10:55

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops....

31/3/06 15:49

 
Blogger Chest Freezer said...

Hey though, great to meet you. Good knowing you! *waves* Seem like a nice person.

1/4/06 16:08

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

garota productions 2005