garota: Sydney once more

random musings of a disparate nomad

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sydney once more

Yes, I am in Sydney, and in one piece. One stretched-out piece that is.

It was a whirl touching down from Sydney airport tonight and then going straight to 3 clubs, one after the other, for the birthday do of one of my best friends. Now, the ringing in my ears has subsided, the sky is starting to get light, and I type this from the apartment I would be staying at if I based here as originally planned.

It's weird to see Sydney again, in all its juxtaposed familiarity and simultaneous strangeness, of an uncle who migrated many moons ago struggling to retrieve the memory of the niece he used to carry atop his shoulders.

***
I am almost overwhelmed by the thought of seeing Coogee beach later - and the surge of associations that will bring.

I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Malkavian said...

wah lau, go back leow oso never say anything!

19/3/06 15:54

 
Blogger garota said...

only for the week. i back 25th evening.

20/3/06 04:51

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

garota productions 2005