garota: Fast

random musings of a disparate nomad

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fast

Everything's been a bit of a fast-paced whirl since touching down.

Organising the development workshops. Have yet to flesh out how we're gonna do policy discussions, that lobby role-play thing, the Youth-Led Development bit, the section on the MDGs - and human rights - and my opening speech to start the whole gig off on the first day. (Among many others.) It's kinda cool that the guy from the UN Millennium Campaign is excited about this, being the pilot on MDGs for this country, and I'm stoked we'll have a space on that website about this after.

Kicking off applications for the SE Asia NGO steering committee. This whole NGO idea is something I've been sitting on and dreaming about for a coupla years now, and to see the amount of interest coming in is a bit of a jolt in reality. This is actually happening. I'm excited. Of course, there's the whole strategic agenda-setting, organisational structuring, and - the youth summit that's supposed to happen in September. It's a bit of a rush, and I hope there's enough commitment from the team we'll have at the end of the month to deliver. I'm nervous.

And when I get back to Sydney - an actual job. (hopefully, anyway.) Before I take off for 6, 9, 12 months. Development project, wherever-the-hell I can't wait to find out.

And D.

2006 is set to be a fast year. A big year. I'm fired up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, erm, if you remember our conversations before you left for Sg, you should send me some stuff on the eapplications and whatnots for your developmental projects and what other else, so that I know what I can possibly apply for or contribute.

of course if you have other better candidates in mind, then it doesn't matter (slinks of to a corner..whimpering, self esteem issues you see)...

But yah good luck with the 2 day series things first off.

18/1/06 17:40

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need to clear my name here, I did not pester you, I was asking whether you might want to meet up for some interesting events that is going to be organised.

19/1/06 23:13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

garota productions 2005