garota: damn SEA democracy!

random musings of a disparate nomad

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

damn SEA democracy!

Rant rant rant.

I have been thinking talking breathing nothing but democracy and civil rights in SE Asia for the past week (only?!) and I am going rather batty.

Conversations with Yawningbread, Chong Kee, Samydorai, Mina Roces and others - and tab-saturated window upon window (nevermind if you're not a mac user) - are swimming around in my rapidly burning-out dendrites... gah.

See, I actually thought I was going somewhere when I had identified 4 key ideas I wanted to talk about --

  • Asian values / Confucianism
  • Power concentration in corporations
  • Democracy as a means to development
  • Implications on the SEA civil rights experience on global democracy

  • And now it seems I need to scrap 3 and talk about 1. ONE.

    And I can't choose.

    Some of you are going to get batty emails from me soon. (Don't mind me.)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

    garota productions 2005