garota: Murphy's Law: Empirical Evidence

random musings of a disparate nomad

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Murphy's Law: Empirical Evidence

Amidst juggling multiple applications and windows for two major essays, both due tomorrow, Word peremptorily freezes on me. Wtf?

All the reasons fuelling my contempt for the Microsoft hegemony come screaming back to me.

Legal issues with the bank, Philly, health issues - surely I’ve had my share of Murphy in the last month to last me til, oh, the next condemnation of homosexuality by Benedict. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Oh, such negativity. Note to self: quit being indulgent and get a move on. In more ways than one.

On another (not too separate) note, this made me tear today.

Just for dramatic effect, here is the para that did it:

If Matthew had had consensual sex with a girl, and the state had prosecuted him at all, the longest sentence they could have given him was 15 months. Instead, because Matthew had sex with another boy, and only because he had sex with another boy, he has spent the past five years in Ellsworth Correctional Facility in central Kansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

garota productions 2005